Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm Back..............

Well I haven't posted for quite awhile.  First there was Hurricane Sandy which flooded our apartment building first floor and left several tenants with no where to sleep.  The parking lot also felt the wrath of Sandy and 16 cars were ruined, including ours. 

The 1st floor tenants were taken in by other tenants and everything was a mess for a good while.  No electric for 9 days and all food was thrown out but we didn't receive any help from FEMA for cost of food replacement. 

My hubby and I spent the month of November looking for a used car we could afford and filling out FEMA papers.   No help from FEMA there either.  But I know there were so many at the Jersey Shore who were much worse off than we were, so I'm not complaining.

Then we got the news that my 43 year old nephew was diagnosed with cancer.  We were devastated.  But with the car we just bought we are able to take him back and forth for his treatments.  So far the news is good -- considerable shrinkage of the tumor.  Waiting to find out about the surgery he will probably have to have.

Not much free time to create jewelry.

No comments: