Monday, June 22, 2009

4 White Cat Paintings


This is Jake, the inspiration for my White Cat Paintings.



Esmeralda, the Vixen
(She strolls by night, Looking For Love In All the Wrong Places)
Oil on stretched canvas, 12" x 16"


Pussila, The Pretty Cat, oil on stretched canvas,
14" x 18"



Jake The Happy Cat, acrylic on stretched canvas, 12" x 16"



Dapper Dan, oil on stretched canvas 12" x 16"




In February, 2009 we moved into a larger apartment and I finally have a room all my own to use as a studio. Up until then I worked on my dining room table and had to put everything away when I wanted to start working on a different craft. Now I have a wonderfully huge closet to store all my arts and crafts goodies and a nice craft table, an easel and our computer all in one room. What a difference it makes.

I got out my easel and my oil paints and started painting in a whimsical style. This is my first attempt at whimsy. Here are my four white cat paintings inspired by our white cat "Jake" who passed away last September.



No comments: